dora films was created to fulfill a desire for films. Our catalog is comprised of more than 40 films, primarily documentaries. We regularly update this online catalogue on our website.
dora films association conducts its activity in 3 directions:
- Video editing (EDV 2257) and the development of our DVD catalogue, which is widely distributed in multimedia libraries throughout France.
- The highlights of our equipment fleet today consist of: a filming unit XDCAM, two shooting units DVCAM, lighting equipment, digital sound recording units and two virtual Avid editing suites.
- Training activities and guidance in film, which are available through partnerships with various organizations.
In 2011, new films were released on DVD, which include:
The Shining Stars, the new documentary film by Simone Fluhr and Daniel Coche
Come Away With Me, the new documentary film by Anne-Noëlle Gaessler
Emilio from Hohwald, a documentary film by Regina de Almeida (2003)
The Widow’s Ball, a documentary film by Damien Fritsch (1995)
The History of a High School, a documentary film by Daniel Coche and Damien Fritsch (1995)
dora films SAS was founded in early 2011. This company, whose chairman is Daniel Coche, has a capital of 25,000 €. This new structure was created at the request of partners who wished to further establish our production company.
In 2011 dora films SAS produced the film The Shining Stars, directed by Simone Fluhr and Daniel Coche.
In 2012 new projects, such as the following, are being developed:
- Faces of an Absent Woman, a documentary film by Frédéric Goldbronn, in coproduction with Télé Bocal (to be released later this year).
- Hello, Welcome, a documentary film by Aline Battaglia, with support from Défi Jeunes-Envie d’Agir, in coproduction with Mosaïk TV and Vosges Télévision Images Plus (to be released later this year).
- The Factory Country, a documentary film by Jean-François Moris, with support from the Alsace Cultural Agency.
- The Island, a documentary film by Julia Laurenceau, with support from the Alsace Cultural Agency and the “Brouillon d’un rêve” grant from SCAM.
dora films is a member of Iconoval and the European Documentary Network.
dora films is supported for a number of their productions by ACSE, CNC, CUS, région Alsace.